Cage of Words

by - 2:32 PM


See me peering through the letters

That are swarming down this page.

See me struggle in the fetters

Of my Muse’s authored cage:

O’s are manacles, and ‘T’

The cross-bar braced by double-‘V’;

C’s are chains linked to a ‘Q’

Which is the keyless lock I drew;

L’s are bars – ‘D’ one great floor;

X’ joins the walls without a door;

Periods are scattered dust;

Commas, colons – flakes of rust;

Exclamation marks are blades

Upon which my ink is made;

F’s the quill wherewith I write

These prison walls of endless height.

Scrawling each lumpy-lettered line,

Chanting the verses as I climb,

Knowing that each new word I stack

Is just another word I lack.

For no matter where I would flee,

I take this cage of words with me.




You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Woah, this poem speaks to me so so much being a writer too, and I love how you took each letter and used both their sound and the symbol to create a great work.

    Amazing job. <3

    ReplyDelete