This Death is Life

by - 1:45 PM


Death to my dreams – what terrible beauty!

What tear-wrenching sorrow and soul-thrilling joy

To think that contentment could be my first duty,

Submitting my will to the Father’s employ.


Death to ambition – can I comprehend it?

Release the self-missions which kindle my soul?

Yes, let them go, and rest in the Spirit

Where knowing my God is what makes me full.


Death to my pride for now and forever;

My Father has said that the prideful will cease.

This sin weighs me down so I will never

Reach the peace of God unless I release.


Life by the will of my Father’s purpose,

Life by the love of my Savior’s choice,

Life by the death of myself in the Spirit,

This death is life – my call to rejoice.

(Inspired by Jean Tsen)




You May Also Like

0 people are talking about this