Alzhiemer's ~~~ (2019)

by - 1:41 PM

 

Beyond these walls, beyond that door,

There's something else, there's something more.

More than the constant cycle of pain,

More than the tears that fall like rain,

More than the question of why they fall

More that my hearts yearns for, and all

The memory of what it is I lack,

I can't recall – my past is black.


Black as of a hollow void,

Dark as the weave of life destroyed.

Why can't I recall the thing I miss?

I was content, and life was bliss.

But – wait – remind me what I once knew,

I think I did – is true love true?

There's something else – I can't recall

Nor bring to mind what it is at all.


What is this word I think of - Home.

What did it mean to me, now gone.

I cannot think ‘twas meant to be?

Please – stay longer! I'm so lonely.

Lonely, though I can't recall why

Is it strange that 'twould seem sweet to die?


Home is far away from here

I know that much – but what, my dear

Is home? Please tell me, I want to know

Why it is that I long to go

To this place called home, and once there

Remain 'till death. Are roses fair?


No, wait! I'm sorry, what did I do?

To cause annoyance or pain to you?

Stay, I pray, one minute more

And tell me of things that were before,

I forgot what home was meant to be.

Stay, a little longer, please stay with me.





You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. :( I think you've actually shown this to me once before! The story is heartbreaking. <3

    ReplyDelete