I Will Return ~~~ (2019)

by - 1:54 PM

 

Words fly like forgotten mists of dreams

Emotions slip down meandering streams.

The truth – is there really such a thing?

I thought, until I met you.


The fire within me

The past behind me

The monster that dwells inside

This form of illusion

Of madness and confusion

I could not escape though I tried.


Of lies and trickery my past is made

I've broken, murdered, lied and betrayed

Without any shame 'till you called my name

And said you would not go.


None other should seek to

None other would be true

No one else remain beside

Me here in my agony

The fire that tortures me

And the ice that burns inside.


Beneath a mask I lurked and wandered

Not understanding the life I squandered

My chains you broke apart; this wretched, shattered heart

You gently took and healed.


Death that lingers

Cold broken fingers

I felt nothing but pain

Until you touched me

And set my soul free

As your tears fell like cleansing rain.


For this thing you've taught me I make a vow

Love – the strange wonder you show me now

I pledge that though I die today

I will return someday.


You make me

They break me

You tell me you believe

In me forever

And leave me never

And yet I must now leave


I vow a vow I will not break

Though the mountains fall and the earth should quake,

Though the stars should fade and the universe burn,

My vow to you –

I will return.






You May Also Like

2 people are talking about this

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS!!!!

    So many spectacular lines, but these in particular, "For this thing you've taught me I make a vow/Love – the strange wonder you show me now"

    and

    "Though the mountains fall and the earth should quake,/Though the stars should fade and the universe burn."

    And is that a Loki gif? :D :D

    ReplyDelete