You Ask ~~~ (2019)

by - 3:04 PM

 

Where can I find a hope like this?

Set deep inside and twined with peace.

A breathing flame within my soul,

That pierces dark to make me whole?

Wherefrom, you ask, didst come this flame?

The Holy Spirit is His name.


How can such holiness come too

With mercy's grace and yet be true?

Wherefrom dost stem this tide within

That bears me up and from my sin?

How can such be? You ask. Hear now:

Our God is perfect, that is how.


But why didst love stoop down to touch

This sinner's heart and doing such

Endure the pain despite the cost?

Bring home the lamb that once was lost?

You ask: Why didst love drink the gall?

Our God is love, and that is all.


Why are these Three so good and right?

And why should They give sinners sight?

How can They love with love like this?

Turn night to day and tears to bliss?

You ask to know who are these Three?

But one God: He the Trinity.





You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. OOoh, I love the picture, and the poem is amazing too! "A breathing flame within my soul,/That pierces dark to make me whole?" are my favorite lines. The imagery is amazing!

    ReplyDelete