Insomnia ~~~ (2019)

by - 2:12 PM

 

A shadow murmurs across the wall

Laughter ripples down the hall

Driving rain doth sweep and fall

And all through my own mind.


Forms and figures do swiftly fly

Across my thoughts. I wonder why

I cannot close one weary eye

Or the other – no respite find.


I pace the room its length and breadth

Lends not fatigue. No rest or death

Of racing thoughts, of racing breath.

Nothing to slow my mind.


Up and down my mind I wander

And philosophies mysterious ponder

To drain my mind of light I founder

And yet no darkness find.


How weary am I of weariness

And burdened down with loneliness

That pierces my soul and cruelness

Is made in that I cannot find.


No snatch of respite may I take!

No hope of dreams that will not break!

Ne'er fall asleep – nay! – fall awake

Into the abyss of my mind.


Senseless words noisily chattering

Red, deep blood on my hands splattering

Bones and breath together rattling.

So lost in thoughts naught can I find.


Lost: forever now is never

To wake is to dream, and health a fever

So that with one last splitting sever

I see too late – I've lost my mind.






You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. :O
    The rhymes here are amazing!! The conglomerate of thought, the gif, it's all perfect and amazing!

    ReplyDelete