Teach Me To Love

by - 2:59 PM

 

Teach Me To Love

Teach me to love in a way that may conquer

The cheating pretenders that deprive me of

My laughter and purpose – the source of life. I

Would be free to try, by means of the notice

Which my heart would pay to Love and her children:

Patience, Grace. Bidden by such to drive away

The ghosts that haunt me, I would be released to

Love what is true through new passions at once free

And perfectly selfless. Oh, just consider!

The vibrant wonder of being so much less

Myself that others are to me of most worth,

More so than the earth could be to her brothers:

The stars, planets, sun. How to be lightened

And never be frightened when the battle is won

Twixt me and my members. I beg, teach me now

The ways of Love; how to be so remembered

As one of charity, purity, love.





You May Also Like

0 people are talking about this