Cracks

by - 2:48 PM


Cracks

Cracks creep out of the hole in my heart
Splitting, splintering me apart.
I try, with hot tears, to seal them close –
Each crack a canyon which my grief flows
Down in streams of boiling tears;
This grief only widens and deepens my fears.
I wish to be healed! For this bitter rust
Corrodes, like acid, my broken trust.

Cracks like a web seaming me through
Till pieces break off – first one, then two
Fall and are lost in the yawning void:
Pieces of me – lost and destroyed.
Alas! Who will help me? I’m falling apart!
Oh, gather the pieces of this broken heart-
.
.
.
There’s nothing left now, naught but this hole
Wherefrom the cracks came – wherein lies my soul.

Cracks, reaching out with their clawèd hands
To wrap my soul in shattering bands.
One touch more and I break for good –
These streams of tears turned into blood.
I cry: “Will no one heal this soul?
That fears to be broke and longs to be whole?”
But no - the silence reechoes my lack.
I shiver. I break. I fall through the crack.


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. AHhhhHHhHHhHhh This poem is stunning, and combined with the picture......it is heartbreaking </3 (Sorry, I had to :P)

    ReplyDelete