When the Leaves are Green

by - 2:26 PM

When the Leaves Are Green
Gray is the ground and gray the skies,
Over the land a gray wind flies.
Softly, within my heart it sighs:
“Wake when the leaves are green.”

Brown is the earth and brown the trees,
Between their boughs a brown wind flees.
Gently unto my heart it breathes:
“Sing when the leaves are green.”

Warm is the light and warm the air,
Dancing lightly a warm wind fair
Whispers its song into my ear:
“Laugh when the leaves are green.”

Gold is the sky and gold the light
And through the gold a wind takes flight,
Laughing so gently that I might:
“Dance when the leaves are green.”

'Live is the world and 'live the eaves;
A 'live wind blows amongst their leaves.
So bright within my heart it breathes:
“Wake, for the woods are green.”


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. This is beautiful!!!! It reminds me of spring/summer time :D :D

    ReplyDelete