I Die of Love

by - 3:23 PM

I Die of Love

A gift I’d give

Of perfect love

Yet I am all but perfect.

A love I’d love,

And give gift of

My heart and make it forfeit.


A one I’d love

For the good of

His life and all that’s in it.

A gift I’d give

Perfectly live

Yet I am all but perfect.


A sight I’d see

A cause I’d be

Of some true raptured gladness.

I’d give my all

And yet I fall

And see this hope is madness.


A hope I’d give

A hope to live

A purpose, strong and perfect.

Yet I am small

And void of all

That’s good and strong and perfect.


An end I see

For this and me

An end where towards I move.

This heart if mine

Is sick with brine

And tears. I die of love.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Nooooo, this is deeply emotional and speaks to me. <3 You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete