Upon The Edge

by - 2:51 PM



Upon The Edge
Upon the edge we stand –
This precipice of fear –
A sword is in each hand;
The night is drawing near!
We hear the battle-cry
Our foes come with the night;
We know that some may die
And still we rise to fight.

For we are not alone;
A brotherhood we stand,
And though the night be long
We’re safe within the band.
So few, yet happy we
To stand this night as one.
So few, yet bravely we
Fight and not alone.

So clasp my hand, dear brother
And pledge to meet again,
I would fight by no other
Than you, my friend and kin.
For blood that’s spilt shall bind us
As kin within this war!
And may the thought empow’r us
“’Tis you I’m fighting for.”

Upon the edge of morning,
Brother, we’ll meet once more,
For hope comes with the dawning
And victory after war.
But now the battle’s joining
Farewell! My dearest friend.
We will fight for the morning
And hope to meet again.




Artwork by my hero - Magali Villenueve!

You May Also Like

0 people are talking about this