Window to the Past

by - 2:55 PM


Window to the Past
Oh, lead me softly through the snow
Back to where I long to go.
As our footsteps glide o’er the plain
I feel again
The sweet sorrow.

Oh, hold my hand and guide me on
Back to where I once belonged!
Softly steal my memories up old, dark ways
To light my days
And bring a song.

Oh, lift me high on wings of the moon
Back to where I can hear the tune
Of your voice calling through the night:
Child, all is right,
The day comes soon.”

Oh, please, do not let me go
Back to where I’ve naught but woe.
I would keep you forever near;
I wish you were here
Then how should I fear?
But no.

Now I must return alone
Back to where you’re always gone.
Yet, may this my comfort be:
You live in me
Even when I feel
Alone.

As days fly by and years creep slow
I wander often
Through the snow.



Inspired by John Williams' "Window to the Past" from the Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack
If you listen to the song on YouTube while reading the poem, you may be able to hear where the lyrics lie.

You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this