Myself

by - 2:08 PM



Myself
This weapon of my greatest foe
That splits my heart and soul to show
That ‘harmony’
A myth must be.
Myself, I cannot hope to know.

The black and white o’erwhelm my mind
Pluck out my fears and cast behind
The conscience I
Should save or die.
Myself would rather I be blind.

This heart and mind cannot agree
Who I am or am meant to be.
Is Yea or Nay
This or that way?
Myself does only sigh “Maybe.”

First right says “No!” then left cries “Yes!”
I cannot see to choose the best
Of evils twain;
It hurts my brain.
Myself would gain from thinking less.

Trust in your heart,” they say. But no!
How can I hold and let it go?
So in my throes
Confusion grows.
Myself – this is my greatest foe.


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. My favorite stanza is the four because it is so powerful and clear in its violent disagreement. You make me feel like I am on a debate stage, listening to the two sides go back and forth! The last line is haunting though, and combined with the picture...let's just say I worry about you sometimes. ;D

    ReplyDelete