I Fear

by - 2:12 PM


I Fear
This hypocritic mask I wear
To cloak the me who’s really there.
I hide behind
A bitter blind.
I fear to love and hope and care.

About my visage wreaths a red,
Deep aura of the things I’ve said.
Some words untrue
I can’t undo.
I fear the truth for which I’ve bled.

The fear has cloaked my every word
As “He said.” “She said.” I am heard
And nothing claimed
To me is named.
I fear the blame and am deterred.

Naught is worse than to be known
And by another to be shown
That on my face
A mask is placed.
I fear this crooked mind to own.

Yet if I only would but share
This heavy load of fearful care:
I’d be set free
To just be me
I fear – this is the mask I wear.



You May Also Like

2 people are talking about this

  1. Okay, scratch that, I think THIS is one of your best poems!!!!! Wow, and the story it tells is just amazinggggggg! *applauds wildly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really didn't think it was good . . . but thanks!

      Delete