Fantasies

by - 2:44 PM


Fantasies
Shadows dance across my page,
Twisting from the ghosts of my
Mind. They laugh and then they rage;
They come to life and then they die.
O, fantasies of living shade!
This place where ghoulish things are made!

Branches wave against my sheer
Gold curtained window. Writhing wild
They lash in wrath then shrink in fear;
They ripple and I am beguiled.
O mystery of wond’ring minds!
Who in mere twigs a monster finds!

Letters weave over the leaves
Of my book. First soft and low
They flow, until a whisper heaves
Their feelings high – then how they blow!
O, ecstasy of words so writ,
And joy of being a poet!



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. WOW! This poem is breathtaking, and it has the feel of a non-traditional poem, with the meter and rhyme of a traditional style! :D I love it.

    ReplyDelete