Futility

by - 2:45 PM

Futility
Eating and eating:
Never being full.
Bleeding and bleeding:
Losing my soul.
Breaking and breaking
Into tiny shards.
Aching and aching;
Life is so hard.
Crying and crying;
Running away.
Trying and trying;
Forgetting to pray.
Sighing and sighing
Poems and prose.
Dying and dying;
Old wilted rose.
Waiting and waiting,
Never to hear.
Watching and watching;
Wiping a tear.
Reading and reading:
Words are the same.
Pleading and pleading;
Losing my name.
Wishing and wishing
An end to the pain.
Dreaming and dreaming:
Going insane.
Saying and saying
Prewritten lines.
Paying and paying
For all of my ‘fine’s.
Fleeing and fleeing
From who I am.
Hiding and hiding
Wherever I can.
Eating and eating;
Gnawing the bone.
Bleeding and bleeding
Away ‘till I’m gone.


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. This poem is passionate and breaks my heart to read. It is beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete