I Lied

by - 5:39 PM


I Lied
These harsh and blackened Chains that Bind
My heart and soul and conscious mind
To stay the word
Which should be heard:
I lied and lying made them blind.

Distrust and arrogance were why
I broke the truth and chose to lie,
I thought the deed
Was one of need.
I lied, and none can justify.

Truth could not find a way inside
Myself, and so my conscience died
Beneath the sword
Of one small word.
I lied by saying I’d not lied.

So stack the lies until they stand
Higher than men can understand;
With every curse
I make it worse.
I lied and gave myself the brand.

Unless I would new courage find
To loose the chains within my mind
I can’t confess
Though it were best.
I lied – these are the Chains that Bind.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Ahhhhh this portrayal of how lies stack up higher and higher until they constrict you and bind you down...PERFECT! I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete