Purpose Found

by - 1:09 PM

Purpose Found
Ached did my heart
And aching, did waver;
Lost it did wander;
Empty of fervor;
Dead and torn apart.

Quenched was my soul
By waters so weary
That tears made me bleary
In my eyes, so nearly
I tripped and tipped to fall.

Broken my voice
And broken, unsinging;
Clipped and unwinging;
Lost and unbringing
A reason to rejoice.

Failed I had sorely
And failing, was shattered
My failure was scattered
To the winds and splattered
Was I by blood of me.

Cursed my existence
Where nothing worthwhile
Could be found. Beguile
Myself by the vile
Excuse of random chance.

Turned my heart sought for
Another reason
And a salvation
Which would give passion
Enough to try once more.

Found is that reason and
Now satisfaction
Born of salvation
Teaches me passion
For Him who holds my hand.

Purpose which now shakes
Every last doubt
And turning them out
Brings my steps about:
My heart no longer aches.



Check out the short-story entitled Purpose Found by my good friend, @314Kelvin

You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. I love how the journey transitions from wandering to found, and I feel like I am walking along with the narrator! I love this poem. :D

    ReplyDelete