I Cried

by - 12:55 PM


I Cried
Mercy!” I cried – did pity implore;
Relief from the score,
From the due outpour
Of flames on my poor
Black soul. To the core
I burned. Pled “Mercy! And more-”

Cure me!” I cried – for healing did plead;
My soul’s desperate need
To heal and be freed
From the bitter weed
And it’s fruits of greed
And pride. Begged “Cure me! And heed-”

Save me!” I cried – did beg for release;
For my sin to cease
And faith to increase;
Freedom from the beast
In my heart; for peace
And hope. Asked “Save me! And please-”

Purpose!” I cried – did ask for a goal
Into which my soul
Could be poured. A role
To fill up the hole
In my heart, ‘till full
It was. Hoped “Purpose! And whole-”

Friendship!” I cried – did hope for a friend
That mercy might send
Who wouldn’t pretend
To care. Nor would bend
When near drew the end
Of life. Cried “Friendship! A friend . . .”

So much I cried, yet crying received:
The canker which grieved
My heart was relieved;
A purpose bequeathed
On me. I received
A friend. I cried and believed.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Awwwww *hugs* This poem threw me for a loop at first. I had envisioned the tears as being of grief or a similar emotion; I hadn't anticipated relief. :D

    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete