Intangible

by - 1:32 PM


Intangible
If I could snare a shred of time
I’d clutch it close and make it mine.

If I could hold an infant’s smile
I’d touch and cherish it a while.

If I could seize a blink of hope
I would do so and store it up.

If I could scoop a cup of light
I’d drink and bottle it for night.

If I could grasp a tender prayer
I’d save it to assuage my care.

If I could treasure-chest a note
I’d chest indeed and on it dote.

If I could save the rays of love
I’d keep them where the spirits move.

If I could keep and ounce of cheers
I’d box them up in case of tears.

If I could make the shadow stay
I would dance and with it play.

If I could find a perfect soul
I’d treasure it forevermore.

If I could catch a falling star
I’d hide it where the others are.

If I could this, If I could that
If I could lose and bring it back.
If I could touch, could hold, could feel,
If I could only wish were real.
If and If and If some more
More If’s and I’d’s than e’er before.
Alas, these things cannot attain
Intangible, they must remain.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Excuse me for a moment.

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS POEM IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JSDFlKJDFLSKJDflKJDFl You have done a FANTASTIC job with this theme, and I LOVE IT!!!!

    *cheers and applauds*

    ReplyDelete