He Came

by - 2:20 PM

He Came
I reached,
And reaching, could not hold.
I tried,
And trying, could not gain.
I fought,
And fighting, was not bold.
I wished,
And wishing, couldn’t attain.

I longed,
And longing, could not have.
I sought,
And seeking, could not find.
I worked,
And working, could not save.
I looked,
And looking, I was blind.

I called,
And calling, heard a voice.
I turned,
And turning, saw a light.
I cried,
And crying, gained a choice.
He came,
And coming, broke the night.

He reached,
And reaching, crushed my sin.
He tried,
And trying, gained the prize.
He fought,
And fighting, did to win.
He said,
And saying, ope’d my eyes.

He longed,
And longing, did attain.
He sought,
And seeking, found my soul.
He worked,
And working, gave his name.
He looked,
And looking, made me whole.

He called,
And calling, showed the way.
He stood,
And standing, held the door.
He spoke,
And speaking, he did say:
“My child,

You’re freed forevermore.”


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. Beautiful. <3 I love how you use your poetry to witness to others.

    ReplyDelete