Valediction

by - 1:46 PM

 

Valediction


Farewell to the past and the person I was.
Goodbye to the times that never shall be.
Farewell to the feeling of memories lost.
Hello to the future, and hello to me.



Farewell to the toys and the games I once played.
Goodbye to the tales in worlds that I knew.
Farewell to the rainbows that sprinklers sprayed.
Hello to the future, and hello to you.



Farewell to the dreams that once made me myself.
Goodbye to the castles-in-air long gone.
Farewell to the plans pushed far back – off the shelf.
Hello to the future, and hello to none.



Hello to the feeling of being alone.
Greetings to the emptiness of myself.
Hello to the ruthless and cold heart of stone.
Farewell to the person I was. Farewell.





You May Also Like

2 people are talking about this

  1. <3 But the key is to never grow up. One can be mature yet childish, and being childish is not akin to foolishness. Keep a smile on your face, imagination in your head, and stories in your heart, and you will never have to say goodbye to your beautiful inner child ❤️

    ReplyDelete