God First and God Last

by - 2:03 PM

God First and God Last


 

How small is this soul
How feeble it whispers.
How weak is this voice
How lowly it whimpers.
How flawed my perspective
How empty my best.
I know naught but that God
Loves me and I’m blest.


How worthless my striving
How lonely the road
When I’m not abiding
But bearing my load
My pride tells me that I
Am strong for to bear.
I climb all alone when
I know God is there.


How foolish my wandering
How empty my pride
For I would assume that
There’s goodness inside
This mean, broken soul
Apart from the light.
When I fully know that
My nature is night.


How good is my God that
He’d save me from me.
How great is His mercy
To make His glory
Shine through such a lens
Such a sin-crusted glass
Through me show the world this:
God first and God last.







You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. *stands and applauds wildly* Bravo Bravo!!!!!

    What a beautiful song and as always, a beautiful voice!!! I love the video, and you're freaking awesome at singing and music in general!!! Haunting and beautiful!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete