Without Love ~ Contemplations

by - 2:47 PM

 

Without Love - Contemplations


From this poem


Though I give until I’m empty,
There will still be those who need
For my love is not sufficient
And my purpose incomplete.
Give of my strength, I will waver,
Thus I give but from my Savior.



Though I strive for all I’m worth
In the end, my fight will founder
For the enemies I’m facing
Are much greater – are much stronger.
My own strength to fight will waver,
But my Savior waver? Never.



Though I heal the wounded gently,
My hands cannot reach all hurts.
My own wounds won’t be forgotten
Nor the heart-ache of the earth.
My own healing is not worth it.
But the Savior’s health is perfect.



Though I rise and save the earth
Yet myself I cannot save
And the saving I would rise to
Proves a pathway to the grave.
My own saving damns my soul,
But my Savior saves the whole.



Though I make a crown of glory
Yet will life be short to wear
And after the grave has bound me
I can take no circlet there.
Crown of mine so quick to sever
But my Savior’s is forever.



Though I win the final race
This race is not worth the winning.
Glory of Man’s praise has ending
And my race prove ground for sinning.
Race of mine but runs to sorrow.
Savior then, today, tomorrow.



Though I tell the greatest story,
That story could not be mine
For the story of the ages
Is a tale far beyond time.
Thus this story, but my taking
What my Savior is still making.



Though I teach the sinner grace
I may have no grace in me
And my teaching prove, though saving,
In my life, hypocrisy.
Thus the grace I preach may never
Change
my life without the Savior.



Though I heap a mount of treasures
Yet I cannot take a dot
Of that treasure past death’s doorway
For of spirit it is not.
Thus the treasures I should gather,
Are in Heaven with my Savior.



Though I serve and bend the knee
Yet my heart may still be standing
For my pride is without waver
And so weak my understanding.
Kneeling outward, standing inward,
“All your heart” the final password.



Though I find the truest pleasures
And in finding, make men glad,
Still the deeds of earth are passing
Quickly happy, quickly sad.
If true joy I would endeavor,
I find nowhere but the Savior.



Though I make no enemy
And the world approves my all
This will be but void in me,
And the groundwork of my fall.
Jesus said “The world will hate thee
For my sake, because you love me.”



Though many friends gather ‘round me
Yet my circle be a cage
Where the Savior is not welcome
And I justify my rage.
Two or three should be sufficient
And our faith combined efficient.



Though my family be whole
I may be far from my Father
Who’s in Heaven, and the Spirit
May be further than my Brother.
So in happiness not blind:
Careful to keep Heav’n in mind.



Though the world would fail without me
Would this failure not be proof
Of how much the world is needing
Mercy, Grace and risen Truth?
Not too eager to be savior
Of a world that needs The Savior.



Though I save the broken soul
In the duty of my calling,
‘Twill not justify my soul
For my own recurrent falling.
Right with God, foremost to be
Then my Savior works in me.



Though I have the purest virtue
One sin is enough to damn.
I cannot earn back redemption
Though I try with all I am.
So this virtue proving aimless
I accept the Lord’s forgiveness.



Though my hands are free of blood
Yet what hearts have I bruised heedless?
What hurts are my tongue’s cruel doing
And my negligent thoughtlessness?
Murder but the outward sign
Of a hating heart within.



Though I speak only what is true
Am I sure that I believe?
Do I speak the truth with mercy
Or to goad lost hearts to grieve?
Not just certain in the truth, for
To “speak with grace” is much more.



Though I stem the killing flood
Earthly bodies still will pass
And the ones I saved from drowning
Curse their unsaved souls at last.
First the soul, for it’s eternal:
Trade no flood for an inferno.



Though I seek for all that’s lovely
Even Solomon’s great throng
Of the beauties all this world has
Were no better than a song.
So possess beauty not outward,
For the purest soul is inward.



Though I gain the greatest height
Yet who have I left behind me?
It is more to help the weak climb
Than to win the mountain solely.
Leave no brother lost to founder
For your Helper is the Savior.



Though I stand as none cane move me
Yet my foundation may move
If it is not proven founded
Upon the Gospel of Love.
Sure of
where I stand, I’ll never
Doubt the Word of my own Savior.



Though I always do the right
Yet what are my thoughts and feelings?
Deeds are good in their own power
But the heart is more revealing.
Feel no evil, think no ill
This is first the Savior’s will.



Though I believe without waver
This does not quite equal faith
I may say I know the Savior
But surrender not my place.
So the thought must be the action
And the result is salvation.



Though I pray to God above
Yet without a heart, my prayers be
Nothing more than chanted mantras
And will do no good within me.
With thanksgiving, pray in earnest
And the Savior bears my burdens.



Though I magnify the Savior
With my word and deed and thought
I must also do His bidding
And accept my every lot.
Praise is good, but love is better
And they both glory the Savior.



I am nothing without love
But my God is Love, and in me
He is working to create a
Masterpiece of Love and glory.
Nothing I am without God
But through Him I can be Love.








You May Also Like

2 people are talking about this

  1. This reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13, which I was actually struck by and memorized last night before I read this, but if inspired by it, then it must be an odd coincidence. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no, I wasn't inspired by anything in particular. It's just all the little pieces of thought I had swirling around my head for a year all whispered into a song.

      Delete