What Do I Regret?

by - 2:35 PM

 

What Do I Regret?


The time I ignored a potential friend.
The letter I wrote that I did not send.
The person I hurt with a cruel word.
The thing I repeated, I should not have heard.
The moment I was too scared to help.
The feeling I would not admit I felt.
The stories I began but would not end.
The friendships, once broken, I would not mend.
The bitter thoughts that taught me to hate.
The “Sorry” that came one moment too late.
The gift that I made but never gave.
The lie that I told when I shouldn’t have.

The chance I had but didn’t take.
The time I lost and won’t get back.
The sword I drew which I should have sheathed.
The more I took that I didn’t need.
The tears of sorrow I never cried.
The rage that ruined the good inside.
The people I left without a ‘Goodbye’.
The battle lost when I didn’t try.



When I said I was right, but I knew I was wrong.
How long it took me to write this song.






You May Also Like

2 people are talking about this

  1. Replies
    1. Also masterfully written, and the last five or six lines are powerful and spectacular.

      Delete