Light Me a Candle ~~~ (2018)

by - 2:32 PM

 

This is the first of two character-themed songs, written for a musical that never happened.




Light Me a Candle

I used to dream of being a hero,

Going on adventures and journeying far

From all the places I used to know

To reach and touch a blazing star.




But little did I think, foolish child,

Of all that I was leaving behind

The peace I gave up for storms so wild

Adventure – No, it is not kind.




And now I find time to regret

As through the sorrow, loss and pain

I fight so that one day yet

I may go back home again.




Word so sweet, warm and bright

Home, my last and truest dream,

To me, through night, my only light

Heroes are not what they seem.




Oh, set for me a candle, to light me on my way

Back to my home I'll follow it

And never wander away.




Just light a candle for me

And this my pledge will be~

I will return home and then

Never leave again.






You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. I CAN HEAR THIS BEING SUNG!!!!!!!

    THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE A MUSICAL SONG!! I CAN HEAR IT SOOOO CLEARLYYYY

    AHHHH You gotta sing it too!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete