In Jesus' Name

by - 12:41 PM


In Jesus’ Name
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen,”
The little child whispered again.
Her “Bless my Daddy, Mommy, cat,”
Were said – she knew that that was that.
Dear Father, God,” would take good care
Of all she loved. The monster’s lair
Beneath her bed did not exist
For she had put her faith in Christ.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen,”
So say we grown men and women.
Our “Help with this and give me that,”
Are mouthèd mantras – thankless, flat.
Dear Father, God,” we know does care
But from far off, somewhere out there.
Often we doubt He does exist,
Forgetting to put faith in Christ.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen,”
From young, grown old, we’re young again.
Our, “Help me, God, to glorify,”
Teaches our souls to magnify.
When “Father, God,” is all our care
We learn the true purpose of prayer:
For His name’s sake we do exist.
Through prayer we learn to care like Christ.


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. :O :O :O GLORIOUS!!! And I love how you did the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete