Words

by - 2:40 PM


Words
Words – I find them scattered lying
Through the mazes of my mind
Growing, fading, living, dying
Some are sought never to find.

Words – Beneath my pen are flowing
Nature guides me to write black,
And my thoughts are always going
Into places where I lack.

Words – They bear no blame for what I
Am and feel – this darkness mine
I could control and slay. I could try
To instead make my thoughts shine.

Words – I’ll hold them to my bidding
Make them say what I ought to
Speak. They’ll surrender each fitting
Thought and phrase to what I do.

Words – My end and my beginning,
Where I come from; whence I go.
Tis a battle, and I’m winning
Writing not what I feel, but know.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. *shivers* I feel this one in my core. Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete