The Warrior's Prayer

by - 2:24 PM

The Warrior’s Prayer
Dear Lord, I kneel and promise faith
To You alone – my every breath
I pledge. My life is Yours, please take
Your servant’s arms to guide my sword.
And keep me though my heart may break
Forever leaning on Your Word.

Dear Lord, I kneel and pray for love
To flow from me for the good of
My friends and enemies alike,
To live just as Your Son has done
Who cursed no man, though they did strike
Him. May I win as He has won.

Dear Lord, I kneel and hope for grace
To run with endurance the race
That’s set before me. Guide my way
Far from sin and its temptation.
Let me not e’er forget to pray
And praise You for my salvation.

Dear Lord, I kneel and plead for You
To guide my heart in all I do.
My flesh is weak and faith is wan,
My love is lacking, and myself
Is worth nothing before Your throne.
Please purge and fill me with Yourself.

Dear Lord, I kneel and praise Your name
For You have blotted out my shame.
You listen to Your servant’s prayer,
And never drive my cries away.
When I’m alone, You whisper “Here.”
Oh, praise the Lord that I can pray!


You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. This is a beautiful poem! And the picture with it works so well!

    ReplyDelete