Never Too Late

by - 2:43 PM



Never Too Late
Empty of good and filled with pride;
Burned by the sin which grows inside.
Arrogance tainting, bitterness black:
My heart is atremble and under attack.

Filled with my pride and blind to the core,
Wishing I’d listened much longer before
I gave up humility and became a fool,
Selling my soul as the Devil’s tool.

Empty of purpose and filled with my sin;
Pained by the thought of what I’d have been.
Now it’s too late” I whisper and cry,
Wishing I listened and wanting to try.

Too late, too late,” the echoes recall.
I see I am nothing – if anything, all
Full of hate, vengeance and empty if light;
Cold and condemned to perpetual night.

Please, I don’t want to die in this way,”
I murmur, and all I want is to pray;
To say “I am sorry” and be healed again;
Forgiveness is something I cannot attain.

Or so I thought, thinking that my sin was so
Great that no one could redeem my soul.
This prideful assumption that even my wrong
Was greater than good and stronger than strong.

No, but no evil is too dark to die,
Nor goodness too weak to heed the last cry.
My God is stronger than all of my hate:
Until death, salvation is never too late.

At last I saw clearly how deep my sin ran,
And that, ‘spite the depth, ‘twas not greater than
God’s love and His mercy to forgive again,
To loose me from bondage and shatter my sin.

Take them, I beg you!” I cried, lifting high
All of the sins that were products of “I”
He took them and cast them deep into the sea,
Saying, “I forgive you,” and setting me free.



You May Also Like

1 people are talking about this

  1. *shivers again* This is gloriously written, hauntingly beautiful, and stupendously delightful! ;D

    ReplyDelete